Work Activity 2: All-Island Palliative Care Communications Hub
AIIHPC will develop and maintain an online Communications Hub as a resource for palliative care professionals, the general public, general health and social care workers, researchers, policymakers and media.
The Hub will be an interactive resource which will include the following components:
- Public interface, providing targeted information on services available, how to access them, where to access different types of support, and information on different conditions and issues.
- Health and social care worker information, including guidelines and information packs for different elements of palliative care
- Specialist palliative care resources, including practice resources (toolkits, guidelines, templates)
- A calendar of palliative care conferences and events
- Education database and resources, including guidelines on different levels of palliative care education and innovative delivery methods.
- Research database including links to national and international research programmes and resources, access to research training information, etc.
- Feedback and communication mechanisms to enable ongoing discussion and communication across the sector
- Palliative Care News Sharing Resource
Work Activity 2 offers:
- Easy access to palliative care information and resources
- Better understanding of palliative care
- Institute is a recognised source of palliative care expertise
- Constant dialogue between the Institute and its stakeholders
- Research, education and policy and practice activities will be profiled nationally and internationally