Evaluation of the Design & Dignity Programme
AIIHPC is seeking tenders from interested organisations for the evaluation of the Design & Dignity programme which is operated and co-funded by the Irish Hospice Foundation (IHF) and the Health Service Executive (HSE).
The Design & Dignity project is grounded in the firm belief that the end of life should be recognised as a time of the most intense human feelings, which can include sadness, loss, anxiety and fear. These feelings should not have to be endured in inappropriate surroundings: a busy corridor, a waiting room, a ward reception area, where others may be chatting and laughing.
“Every year 28,000 people in Ireland die and 43% die in acute hospitals. The Design & Dignity scheme aims to bring design excellence to hospitals where so many people spend their last days.” Sharon Foley, CEO of the Irish Hospice Foundation
Design & Dignity is a partnership programme of the Irish Hospice Foundation and Ireland’s Health Service Executive (HSE) Estates. Hospitals have been provided with grant funds to help transform older and outdated spaces including family rooms, gardens and mortuaries. To date 34 projects have been funded through the Design & Dignity Grants Scheme, 22 of which have been completed and the HSE has adopted Design & Dignity guidelines for all new and refurbishment work.
The Design & Dignity Project:
- Aims to transform the way hospital spaces are designed for people at the end of life and their families
- Funds a range of ‘exemplar’ projects through a formal Grants Scheme and showcases them nationwide
- Provides practical architectural support and advice
- Fosters a sense of ownership of the hospital environment through engagement with hospital
- staff in the design process
- Develops Design & Dignity Guidelines to enhance the physical environments of hospitals
- Produces a range of resources to enable staff to implement the Design & Dignity Guidelines
- Advocates for the integration and embedding of the Design & Dignity guidelines across the health service.
Tenders should be submitted via email to [email protected] by the Tender Submission time and date of 4pm Friday 14th July 2017.