Voices4Care is an initiative involving people receiving palliative care (service users), carers and the wider community in the work of AIIHPC and the wider palliative care arena across health and social care in both the Republic of Ireland and in Northern Ireland.
Through the Voices4Care group, AIIHPC is committed to having the views of patients and their families at the heart of what we do.
Patients, their families, carers and others bring unique and fresh insights about care which are invaluable for those providing or making decisions about palliative care.
- Meet several times per year as a group and in smaller working groups
- Share their views on palliative care, dying, loss and caring
- Participate in our governance structures and working groups
- Are part of the palliative care programme in Northern Ireland – Palliative Care in Partnership
- Inform and influence palliative care in the Republic of Ireland
Since its inception, the Voices4Care group has actively and engaged with a number of key AIIHPC projects. They have:
- Discussed the research agenda and strategy for the future
- Appeared in AIIHPC educational films
- Assisted with raising awareness about Palliative Care
- Contributed to Working Groups for the development of AIIHPC’s Palliative Hub
- Helped with the development and interpretation of the results from the Let’s Talk About initiative