Workshop: Maximising Knowledge Transfer and Exchange
Research Impact: Maximising Knowledge Transfer and Exchange – A workshop for palliative care practitioners and researchers
AIIHPC together with Milford Care Centre are delivering a competence building knowledge transfer and exchange workshop to support palliative care practitioners and researchers on the island of Ireland. The workshop will help you learn how to design and develop a strategic dissemination plan from the outset of your palliative care research project using the evidence-based knowledge transfer and exchange model ‘EMTReK’.
- Date: Friday, 7 December 2018
- Location: Limerick
- Time: 9:30am-4pm (refreshments & lunch provided)
- Venue: The Education Department of Milford Care Centre, Plassey Park Rd, Sreelane, Castletroy, Co. Limerick, V94 H795
- Training Provider: All Ireland Institute of Hospice and Palliative Care
- How to register: Contact Bernadette Pirihi: [email protected]
- Price details: There is no charge to workshop participants.
In this workshop we will take a close look at each component of the EMTReK model. We will provide real world examples of research projects that used the model to support the development of a dissemination plan and promote the successful transfer and exchange of research outcomes to identified stakeholders using a range of dissemination tools. You’ll learn how to apply the EMTReK model to a research project and how to evaluate dissemination plans to maintain and maximise effective knowledge transfer and exchange.
- Recognise modern day challenges around research knowledge transfer and exchange
- Identify research knowledge dissemination tools available
- Understand each component of the EMTReK model
- Appreciate the importance of periodic dissemination plan evaluation
- Practiced application of the EMTReK model to a palliative care research project
Download information for full details: Research Impact: Maximising Knowledge Transfer and Exchange – A workshop for palliative care practitioners and researchers