Early Career Researcher Forum
Early Career Researcher Forum Annual Seminar 2016
Wednesday 8th June 2016, UCD
The Early Career Researcher Forum was established in 2013 by AIIHPC in collaboration with the Irish Association for Palliative Care (IAPC) ‘Summary Report from the launch of the Early Career Researcher Forum’. The establishment of this Forum is central to the Institute’s broader aim of creating, developing, and promoting collaboration and capacity building in palliative care research on the island of Ireland. The Forum is targeted at those who consider themselves in the early stages of their research career in palliative care, for example, those who are:
- About to commence, currently undertaking or recently completed postgraduate studies relevant to palliative or end-of-life care;
- About to commence or are currently undertaking post-doctoral research relevant to palliative or end-of-life care;
- Interested and committed to developing palliative care research on the island of Ireland.
The Forum aims to provide its members with valuable opportunities to:
- Share knowledge, skills and expertise;
- Access peer and mentor support;
- Develop links with senior researchers and research groups in palliative care; and
- Participate in learning and knowledge transfer activities.
The Forum is situated under the auspices of AIIHPC’s Palliative Care Research Network (PCRN) and membership currently stands at close to 40. Members come from a wide range of backgrounds (e.g. health sciences, social sciences, humanities, etc) and with a wide range of research skills and experience. An Executive Committee was appointed in late 2013.
During the next 12 months the Forum will have a presence at key events including the Annual PCRN Symposium, the Palliative Care Congress UK (2016) and the European Association for Palliative Care Research Congress (2016). Links will continue to be developed with the Forum’s European equivalent, the European Association of Palliative Care’s (EAPC) Junior Forum as well as other relevant groups.
Please keep an eye on this section as it continues to be updated with details about future events and opportunities over the next few months. For further information about the Forum please contact Secretary of the Forum Executive Committee, Helen Kerr (firstname.lastname@example.org) or AIIHPC Programme Manager (Dr Mary Rabbitte, email@example.com).