AIIHPC is committed to working with partner organisations to provide opportunities for funding research in palliative care on the island of Ireland. This has included funding researchers in the early stage of their career to more established researchers.
Some examples of the types of research funding AIIHPC has provided with our partners in the past include:
- Travel bursaries to present at international conferences such as EAPC with HRB
- Clinical fellowships to develop clinical guidelines with HRB
- Research projects on knowledge transfer and exchange with Atlantic Philanthropies and HRB
- Research projects on social justice and performance and evaluation in palliative care research with HRB
- Post-doctoral fellowship with Irish Cancer Society
- Seed funding awards with Irish Cancer Society
We also work with our PCRN and ECRF members to alert them to funding opportunities that may be relevant to palliative care research. As well as supporting PCRN members to answer calls at an EU and international level by providing additional information in relation to the call from funders, linking them with key contacts, providing opportunities for international collaboration and facilitating video conferences/meetings on large scale collaborative funding calls.
You can find additional details and opportunities on The Professional Palliative Hub: http://www.professionalpalliativehub.com